Here is a recipe for a great weeknight meal for the kids. It is quick and easy and tastes great.
- 250g macaroni
- 50g butter
- 4 Tbspn plain flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup cream
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups grated cheese
- 100g ham, roughly chopped
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- Spray oil
- Cook & drain macaroni according to packet instructions. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add flour & salt & whisk until combined.
- Pour in cream & 1 cup of milk & bring to the boil. Whisk until mixture thickens.
- Add cheese & remaining milk & whisk until cheese melts. Remove from heat.
- In a large baking dish, combine macaroni, cheese sauce & ham. Top with breadcrumbs.
- Cover & refrigerate until required.
- Preheat oven to 200o Lightly spray top with oil & bake, uncovered for 40 mins or until golden. If cooking immediately after preparing, reduce cooking time to 25 mins.
* You could also add some chicken or tuna for a different flavour.