This is a favourite in our household with the kids. It is often a hit with adults as well as the sun dried tomatoes make it feel a bit fancier. It is reasonably quick to make as you can cook the chicken and boil the pasta at the same time so it is ready in under 30 minutes.
• 500g Broad Oaks Farms Chicken Thigh Fillet
• 300g of Remano Penne Pasta
• 300ml Farmdale Thickened Cream
• 60g Mushrooms
• 30g Westacre Italian Style Parmesan Cheese
• 4tbs Remano Basil Pesto
• 100g Shallots
• 50g Deli Originals Marinated Sundried Tomatoes
1. Cut 500g of chicken thigh fillets into sliced pieces
2. Place chicken into frypan and brown until cooked
3. At the same time that you are cooking the chicken place 300g of Penne pasta into boiling water and cook.
4. While the chicken is frying and the pasta is cooking, slice the sundried tomato and shallots
5. Take chicken off the stove once it is cooked
6. Sautee the mushrooms in the frypan for 1-2 minutes in ½ tablespoon of pesto
7. Drain the penne pasta into a colander once cooked and place back into a large saucepan
8. Add cooked chicken, sliced sundried tomatoes and shallots, 300mls of thickened cream, 4 tablespoons of pesto and mix on a low heat until combined.
9. Once fully combined serve to eat
10. Garnish with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.
Nutrient Quantity per Serve
Energy (KJ) 3425
Total Fat (g) 43
Saturated Fat (g) 24