Unfortunately, ALDI don’t sell gingernut biscuits so Amanda Arnold from Simple Home Cook has kindly shared this recipe with us. You can now make your own that are even better than the store bought ones.
Some ALDI stores are now selling golden syrup while others aren’t so in this recipe, you can use either golden or maple syrup.
These are absolutely delicious and extremely easy to make.
* pinch salt
* 1 tbspn ground ginger
* 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
* ¾ cup caster sugar
* 125g butter
* ¼ cup golden syrup
* 1 egg
* 1½ tsp grated orange rind
1. Preheat oven to 160 degrees C. Line 2 oven trays. In a large bowl, sift flour, salt, ginger & bicarb soda.
2. Add sugar & stir to combine.
3. In a separate bowl, add butter & golden syrup. Heat in microwave for 1 to 1½ mins or until they have melted together. Stir to combine & pour over dry ingredients.
4. Add egg and orange rind & mix to form a stiff dough.
5. Using a tablespoon measure, scoop up 1 Tbspn mixture & form into a ball. Place on oven tray & repeat with remaining mixture. Leave room between biscuits for spreading. Lightly flatten balls with your fingers.
6. Bake in preheated oven for 15 mins. NOTE: Bake them for 15 mins and they will be soft & chewy, leave them a little longer for a crunchier biscuit. Remove from oven & transfer to wire rack to cool.
Eat in moderation!